- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Portions: 2
The grilled General-Tao-style tofu burger is a fusion dish that was popularized in the U.S. The sweet and spicy ginger flavours add some kick to your burger!
- Cut the tofu into two slices and sear over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the Sweet-and-Sour Sauce and allow it to reduce over medium heat for 2 minutes while stirring the tofu.
- Remove the tofu and set the sauce aside for assembly.
- Cut open the Kaiser rolls and top with the reduced Sweet-and-Sour Sauce.
- Add the cooked and seasoned tofu, the tomato slices, the bean sprouts, the arugula and Boston lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with Sunrise Sesame Salad.
Use chicken instead of tofu for a whole new General Tao experience!